Monday, March 06, 2006

Living in the Big House

We are moved in! I'd post the pictures, but I can't find the camera. I can't find anything, actually. I don't know which light switch goes to what light or how to work the microwave. It is going to take months to unload the boxes! That hasn't kept Brad from inviting people over for a BBQ. It's the 18th if you are interested. Oh, we don't have a BBQ- yet.

We ran a load of dishes and marveled at how quiet our fancy new dishwasher runs- then we discovered that there was no water going into the dishwasher. Water is what makes the noise, by the way.

Mitchell lost his clothes. We searched all over for the hamper he thought he put them in. Eventually he found them in the dryer.

The first night I expected the kids to sleep in their own rooms for the very first time. Nope. Bishop and Mitchell spent the night out, and Charlie and Olivia slept in the game room. I'm having trouble sleeping because of the street light in our front yard that shines right in our window. No, we don't have blinds up yet. There just isn't enough time in a day to get everything done.

But, we are moved in and, we are very happy to be here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations again. The home looks great. I can sense your relief and joy. I don't think we'll be able to come down for the BBQ or open house- sorry. Let us know what you need/might like for a house warming gift. We're looking forward to seeing you guys in June.
What is your new address? Is your phone number the same? I left two messages last week on your voice mail.
I'll send Mitchell his belated b-day gift when I get your new address. Any suggestions/requests for Bishop's graduation gift?

Talk to you soon,

Love,

Ned

Anonymous said...

I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»