Monday, February 19, 2007

The Good, the Bad and the Serious

First, the serious: My dad is having two more knee surgeries. The first one will remove the artificial knee and replace it with a temporary, antibiotic-infused plastic one that will hopefully kill any infection. Six to twelve weeks later, he'll have a new knee put in. The last surgery did not go easily, but this time the doctors seem to be more in synch and his heart doctor is working in tandem with the orthopedic doctor. Plus, he is getting his very own post-op nurse so that if he doesn't remember to breathe, he or she will be there to remind him.

Second, the bad: From the looks of our white patch covered throats, Mitchell and I have strep throat.

Third, the good: I'm getting a new digital camera. I'm hoping to increase my posts because I'll have pictures to share!

No comments: