Monday, February 27, 2006

Birthday and the Eve of our Closing


Mitchell is SIXTEEN today. We went to dinner with PopPop and Ginny to celebrate. Last night we went to dinner, too. Here he is enjoying his one and only gift: an IPOD. As he gets older, the gifts are getting smaller and more expensive. He can get his license in September and then we'll have two teen drivers to worry about.

Speaking of teen drivers, Bishop has managed to wreck his car again without even driving it. He was sitting on his windshield today- yes, SITTING on the WINDSHIELD- when he cracked it with his butt. There is now a huge butt crack in his windshield-actually it is more like a butt print in glass. When he was four we had to tell him not to lick the car. Well, it had been raining... he was thirsty... I didn't think I'd need to actually tell him not to lick the car, and I didn't think I'd need to tell him not to sit on the WINDSHIELD!

As I sit here typing, Brad is telling Charlie and Olivia to be quiet and go to sleep. They are chattering away in their room. There are only a few nights left of chattering. Although all of them have needed their own rooms for awhile now, when we move, they'll miss the late night talk and giggle sessions, and I'll miss hearing them from just down the hall in my room.

Tomorrow at 4:30 is the long awaited closing. I'm feeling excited, tense, happy, overwhelmed, and a little sad, but mostly... ready to move on.

No comments: