Thursday, February 23, 2006

Walk-through

This morning at 9:30 we met with the builder and several other people to "walk through" our new home. This was our chance to learn about how to take care of the interior and exterior and for us to point out any last minute problems or issues. In some ways it feels like we've "walked through" an invisible portal into our new lives.

There were lots of people there- cleaning, painting, and installing. There was an unspoken deference for the "home owners." Who? Us? They kept saying, "It's your house." Really? Ours? Are you sure? Gosh, if they could only see what we are coming from- a well worn, cramped townhouse.

My friend LM said that when I moved into this house I'd be a whole new person. In a way, she was right, although I insisted that I am already that person when she said it. Maybe I'm not that person yet. Now everything seems surreal. Even after almost ten months of driving out to see the dirt every week and tracking the process so closely, it still seems amazing that this house will actually be OUR house.

The house is beautiful. And in five days it will officially be our beautiful house.

No comments: