Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving


Sorry for the long time between posts. The hectic holidays are here. Even though they are hectic, they are fun and filled with family so I am not complaining!

Today we ate way too much at MeMe and Poppy's house with Granny Ollie and Uncle Bill and his new bride, Gail. The food and the company were great. Then we took MeMe and Poppy to the house to see it for the first time since there has been a house.

Yesterday, all of my students threw a surprise breakfast for me and the other two interns at our school. There were about 325 students and all of the team teachers. Every single one of them knew about the surprise except for me! Either I'm obtuse or they are great at keeping secrets. They even gave me a big basket of gifts. I've been so lucky to have two other interns and many, many supportive teachers at my school. It makes me glad that I am sticking around.

The house looks pretty much the same on the outside, but lots has been going on inside. It was inspected for electricity and the roof. Next, it will get wrapped with a water barrier material and they'll install the windows.

Did I tell you about Brad's bathtub? He happened to visit the lot on the day that the bathtubs were being installed, so he asked the plumbing people to put it in so that the faucets would not interfere with his watching t.v. They said it would be no problem and they installed it the way he wanted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I can't believe you let Brad watch TV in the bathtub! GJ

Anonymous said...

Lori-All seems to be pulling together--hernia(play on words)house coming together and most of all, graduation. My computer is down and roaming on Jan's ,I came across your blog. I'm very proud of you. You've come a long way from that little girl sitting on my shoulders at the air show and it's not without perserverance and a lot of hard work. You as well as Brad have set and met some very important goals. The kids are fortunate to have such dedicated parents.You both have set a fine example-I admire yalls style. Pete