Thursday, January 19, 2006

45 days from cabinets

The mortgage guy and the sales people have all said that we can expect to close about 45 days from cabinets. Since cabinets were yesterday, that would mean that we could possibly close at the end of February or the beginning of March.

Already the change of mind has begun in this house, the old house. Already we think about the number of times we will clean the floor, or do the laundry here. Already I am throwing away everything so that I don't have to pack it. The inventory clearance has begun.

Unfortunately, there will be some losses as well. Olivia has just met a new friend in the old neighborhood. I keep telling her that we'll be moving so soon, but she really likes her. I'm afraid it is going to break her heart to leave all of her friends in this neighborhood, but the new neighborhood is filled with kids, too.

Brad, of course, will miss nothing. He'd move in tomorrow if they'd let him.

2 comments:

stephen said...

It all looks so beautiful! Can't wait to see all of you.

Anonymous said...

From someone who has moved away from friends many times, I can tell Olivia that the phone and letters and email can help keep that connection. I would appreciate it, however, if you would neglect to tell her how infrequently I do that!!

I miss you and am glad to read that things are going so well!

XOXO Eliz