Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The HOME Stretch


We really are in the home stretch now. Our tentative closing date is now February 28th. This week we should get a driveway and landscaping. There is no hardwood floor yet, countertops or shower doors, but almost everything else is done. They even cleaned up our lot. The last few times we've gone out all of our papers have been spread all over the dirt. All I can say is thank goodness Brad has been going out on his lunch hour every day. He's been able to keep on top of the details.

In other news: My dad is doing great. The surgery went well and he's home and getting better. Save your knees- you'll need them later!

Happy Birthday, Stephanie! I hope that your 32nd year is everything that you want it to be.

Ned and Stephen have some excitement happening this week. Check out their blog: http://www.stephened.blogspot.com/ I can't imagine why they need another Rocky installment, but this is probably why I am not a movie maker.

Charlie and I are going to New York at the end of March with his school chorus. We're going to do some touring and see Beauty and the Beast on Broadway.

2 comments:

stephen said...

Wow, looks great. Maybe I can meet up with youin NYC let me know the dates. that schedule request is do soon.

Anonymous said...

Hey,
the house looks great! That's so exciting. When is the open house??? If flights are reaonable and we are available, maybe we'll try to come.
We'll keep you posted about our home progress- we go up tomorrow to check on the next stage (rough electric/plumbing/insulation)- expect more blog pix from Stephen. Likewise, let us know when you are in NYC- maybe Stephen and or I can catch up with you.
I'll try to call this weekend. Stephen had mentioned that Brad wanted to discuss some issues- Yes. We'd be honored.

Love,

Ned