Thursday, June 16, 2005

Today

This day snuck up on me. There are no decorations in my planner to indicate that this day is special, but it turned out to feel very important. Today I attended my last class for my Bachelor’s degree. I still have to intern in middle school this fall, but I’m all done with coursework.

This morning I ran into my very first UNF professor who just happened to walk by. When I first started I was still a bit uncertain about choosing to become a teacher. She listened to me rant about all my concerns (No Child Left Behind, low pay, disrespect for teachers in society, etc…), and then she assured me that every teacher has frustrations, but that doesn’t keep them from loving their jobs. She was right! After that I relaxed and enjoyed my classes, and now I can’t wait to be a teacher. I’m even thinking about teaching middle school- on purpose!

And since I know that you are all avid readers, I’ll give you a tip: www.bookcloseouts.com. You can get books for less than two dollars. Some are even as low as fifty cents. Now you have no excuse. Read!

I know you must be curious about our new bedroom furniture. Here's a picture, but ours actually looks a few shades darker than this. We've had it for a bit more than a week now, but I am still surprised when I wake up in a room filled with grown-up matching furniture. Just wait until you see it with the duvet cover that I am making...

Next week my goal is to read a book for pleasure (not school), watch 50 home decorating shows and clean, organize, straighten and pack some more. Wait, no, that's my dream. Actually I'll probably spend a lot of time with my very patient children who have been waiting for me to finally finish with school. Have you played Cranium Cadoo? It's a fun game for all ages. If you need a fix, let us know because we'll be playing all week.

Tomorrow: The Itchatucknee.

No comments: