Monday, December 12, 2005

First Day on the Job and the 31st



We have a roof. We need one because the floor had some standing water this weekend after a few days of rain. The color is sort of a reddish brown. I hope that it looks good with the paint color. We had to pick it out at the very first meeting when we wrote the contract.

We found out about the January 31st deadline given to us by our sales agent. The builder's end of year is January 31st so they are trying to get us finished and to closing by then. I say the chances are pretty slim, but you never know.

In other news: Today was my first day with the hoodlums, er, students, and with the exception of one pencil stabbing, it went well. I'm definately going back tomorrow. I put the pencil sharpener in the closet before I left today.

Last night and this morning I was super nervous about today. My hoodlums have quite the reputation. When I walked in this morning, I saw a vase of beautiful flowers on my desk with a note from my former directing teacher wishing me luck. They made me cry. She also included a can of sauerkraut to ward off the bird flu. (All I am saying is that you need a plan!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a fun blog that I'd bet you will be really glad you took the time to do in a few years. I really hope your house gets done by the deadline. It could happen...I'll cross my fingers for you all!