Sunday, December 25, 2005

Knees and Trees and Sheetrock

Today the best gift is the news that Poppy is doing a little bit better. After his surgery last Thursday, things have just not been easy for him. He is in pain, and all of his other issues have been interfering with taking good care of his knee. Tonight when I left the hospital, he was resting a little bit easier and eating some of Brad's lasagna. Hopefully tomorrow will be better than today.





Not far from our new home is a state park that features a coast littered with old trees that have essentially fallen off the land onto the beach. Over time they've been worn smooth by the tide. A few days ago, we enjoyed a family day that included a visit to the park for lunch. I added this photo to my collection of kids in trees photos.





When we move, we'll be closer to the intracoastal waterway. Just a few minutes away is a beautiful stretch of A1A. The views are beautiful in the late afternoon with the golden sun glow. There was, or may still be, a restaurant in Cedar Key called the Blue Dessert. That is the perfect description for the intracoastal waterway- a blue dessert.



The new alarm people came and wired the house. They did mostly what we asked for from the old alarm company. The house is filled with sheetrock waiting to be installed, but we need some insulation and an inspection first. They originally told us that the house would be done about 60 days from drywall. Even if they get the drywall in next week, I don't see how they can build the house in 1/2 the usual time. My bet is that we close in early March.

Okay, maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part. With all of the changes we've had lately, I am feeling a slight panic. I could use a month or two of getting used to my new job (and getting paid) before moving. I'd like to close on St. Patrick's Day.

No comments: