Friday, December 09, 2005


I have officially graduated! These are my English major buddies. We've been in numerous classes together over the last few years. It has been a pleasure getting to know these people, and I'm going to miss everybody. Thank goodness for email!

I highly recommend graduating from college. You get showered with gifts, money and flowers. My parents gave me a mini-fridge for my new classroom so that I can keep my water and Diet Coke cold. (As you can tell, I have my priorities straight.) Thanks to Ned and Stephen for the beautiful flowers and to my Aunt Rosine and Uncle Sonny for a lovely plant. I came home twice today to find flowers on my door step. My friends gave me a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure. I'll probably need it by the end of next week. After graduation, we went to dinner at a nice, low key Italian restaurant and Ginny and Denny stopped by with a card and a generous check.

I'm overwhelmed with the support and encouragement that everybody has shown me over the last few years. So many people invested themselves in my success. In addition to my family and friends, many teachers have been wonderful role models and have given me great advice and practical tips. Teachers are great people, and I'm happy to call you all colleagues now.


Most of all, I'm lucky that Brad and the kids have given me this time and inspiration to pursue my dream. I am finally a college graduate, and it has only been 20 1/2 years since high school graduation.

And, Brad's favorite part is that I graduated today (Friday) and I start work on Monday just in the nick of time to pay for the big mortgage! That's the best degree- the one with a job waiting at the end.

1 comment:

stephen said...

Wow you work a couple of night shifts and look at all of the posts you miss. So much movin and shakin going on Congrats again!
LS